Ribbon Mixer (Blender)
Our range of ribbon mixers are designed for gentle action, the mixer has an agitator shaft which has inner and outer spirals that run at slow speed with a gentle action, but rapid mixing action.
The standard batch range from 5 to 20,000 working litres, but special versions are available to meet client’s requirements on request.
The ribbon mixers can meet European and US standards and are suitable for the Pharmaceutical, Dairy, Food and Chemical Industries.
Due to the hygienic and robust design, the ribbon mixers require low maintenance and comply with the latest Machinery and ATEX Directives.
The ribbon mixer can be supplied in 304L (1.4301), 316L (1.4404) stainless steel, exotic metals, mild steel.
- Easy to clean
- Low energy consumption, kW / ton.
- Quick mixing times
- Process scalability from lab to production
- Low CV, (coefficient of variation values)
- Versatile range of mixers to handle dry or damp powders, pastes and slurries.
- Hinged and interlocked lid
- Hand operated slide valve
- Fabricated either in 304L stainless steel or mild steel
- Parallel gear motor unit
- Hygienic paddle agitator shape
- Short aspect U trough
- Self-supporting floor mounted at each end of the machine
- Flush fitting plug valve, manual or pneumatically operated
- Segmented ball valve, manual or pneumatically operated
- Cantilever design available
- Various sizes of flanges, tri-clamps connection, aseptic flanges
- Liquid addition via internal spray system
- Load cells for weighing batches
- Support foot mounted or through the floor design
- Automated loading and unloading system
- Vacuum or positive conveying product direct into the mixer
- Control panel
- ATEX versions available
- Full validation documentation, material certification, FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, SAT
- WIP / CIP integration
- Continuous mixing available
- Mixing of API and Pharmaceutical powders
- Spice mixes
- Cement mix
- Cereal mixes
- Detergent mixes
- Chemical powders
- Vitamin and minerals