Plough Mixer (Blender)
Our range of plough mixers are designed for high speed mixing.
The plough agitator shaft runs at high speed and mixes the material in three dimensional movement within the mixing chamber which gives high shear action and rapid mixing.
The standard batch range from 5 to 15,000 working litres, but special versions are available to meet client’s requirements on request.
The plough mixers can meet European and US standards and are suitable for the Pharmaceutical, Dairy, Food and Chemical Industries.
Due to the hygienic and robust design, the plough, (plow) mixers require low maintenance and comply with the latest Machinery and ATEX Directives.
The plough mixer can be supplied in 304L (1.4301), 316L (1.4404) stainless steel, exotic metals, mild steel, abrasive metals.
- Easy to clean
- Quick mixing times
- Process scalability from lab to production
- Low CV, (coefficient of variation values)
- Robust design
- Low maintenance
- Hinged and interlocked side access door
- Hand operated slide valve
- Fabricated either in 304L stainless steel or mild steel
- Parallel gear motor unit
- Plough agitator shaft
- Short aspect circular vessel
- Self-supporting floor mounted at each end of the machine
- Segmented ball valve, manual or pneumatically operated
- Flush fitting plug valve, manual or pneumatically operated
- Various sizes of flanges
- Liquid addition via internal spray system
- High speed cutters, Choppers
- Load cells for weighing batches
- Support foot mounted or through the floor design
- Jacketed mixing vessel for cooling or heating
- Vacuum or positive conveying product direct into the mixer
- Control panel
- Full validation documentation, material certification, FAT, IQ, OQ, PQ, SAT
- WIP / CIP integration
- Mechanical seals
- Semi mechanical seals
- ATEX versions available
- Fat and flour mixes
- Cake mixes
- Detergent mixes
- Chemical powders
- Liquid coating of granules or powders
- Heavy paste and putty mix